Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ode to baking


If presented with the opportunity, I will gladly give up sleep for the opportunity to bake. I know, you are all rolling your eyes going, 'that is why you go mental when you have kids - you.need.to.sleep., not bake sweet tasty morsels and then eat them for breakfast and wonder why that baby fat (who am I kidding I've been carrying this gut around since my mid-teens) isn't budging.'

Still - yesterday saw me baking an old favourite (ie, been baking it since 1988) - a lemon sauce cake. Take one simple buttercake recipe, turned all lemon and limey with the addition of finely grated lemon (and lime) rind. Add a syrup of sugar and lemon juice, poured over the cake once it's cooked and voila - the perfect entree to breakfast (which was the health option of allbran, stewed apples and skim milk).

4 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

I notice now you're even matching pegs to blog colour...

2:48 pm  
Blogger KPB said...

What can I say. I try. That's all I do.

6:43 pm  
Blogger Suse said...

Trying again (your site so overwhelmed my computer that it had a seizure).

Sounds pretty yummy, but doesn't the buttercake go a tad hard? Being baked back in '88 and all.

9:01 pm  
Blogger Bec said...

Hey Kim, Suse is a smartarse...
We should try to like her.

10:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home