Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Day Whatever - Anzac Biscuits


Bec requested a one bowl biscuit a few weeks ago and I've been drawing blanks except for the mighty Anzac. But Bec said she hates Anzacs. She obviously hasn't tried mine.

1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar ( I normally use brown, but Chef had used it all making his caramel wannabe milkshakes, so I used caster, and I think they are better)
3/4 dessicated coconut
125g butter
2 tblsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp bicarb
1 tblsp boiling water

- mix dry ingredients together
- melt butter with golden syrup
- mix bicarb with boiling water, add to butter mix
- mix wet with dry - it will be quite dry
- form rounds in your hand, about half way between the size of a twenty cent and fifty cent
- bake in a slow (150C) oven for 20 minutes.



2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I read this and thought, "where's the chocolate?" But they look delicious anyway. I love oatmeal cookies. What is dessicated coconut, anyway? Shredded?

4:11 am  
Blogger Bec said...

More like finely chopped than shredded and yes, Kim, I still hate them but am willing to give yours a shot - maybe...

Am sorting through lots of crap at Dad's house and have found many wonderful recipes, including my Nana's chicken curry that involved browning a granny smith apple with an onion and combining curry powder with Gravox. Mmmm-mmm.

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home