Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 55 - Kitchen Sink Cookies

You all know I don't really need an excuse to bake, but really, if I did, being broken into would probably rank as a good one. These cookies are big, fat, juicy chunks of comfort, only improved by being consumed with a big, hot cup of properly brewed tea.

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 cups rolled oats
2 cups choc chips
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts (optional)

- Preheat oven to 160C
- Cream buter and sugar
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Add dry ingredients
- Drop tablespoons of mix onto lined baking tray
- Cook for 15 to 18 minutes
- Cool slightly and eat eat EAT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

What I want is a biscuit recipe that involves throwing everything into the bowl or food processor at once, stirring or blending a bit, then dumping blobs on a tray and having them out of the oven and on the plate (warm) all within a 30 minute span.

because I'll spend an entire weekend on a proper curry or osso bucco (if I have to/feel like it) but half an hour is the absolute maximum I can concentrate on baking.

What do you say?

3:11 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Kim

So glad you reminded me of your Eat Me blog because I've been looking for some yummy biscuits to make today...and these look like just the ones!

Thanks.

3:47 pm  
Blogger My float said...

Kim
I am officially addicted to those biscuits. I ate four fresh out of the oven. Must...get...them...away...from... me!

Thanks again!

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home