Friday, March 10, 2006

Day 37 - Fried Rice

Take leftover rice (day old rice is better. I have no idea why)
Dice an onion and a carrot or two, dependent on how many you're feeding and how much rice you have.
Finely chop a clove of garlic and grate some ginger (although for this batch I didn't have any. This batch was seriously a case of - I can make fried rice or vegetarian tacos with a large tin of Four Bean Mix, which I will one day explain for being in our cupboard.)
Get a cup or so of frozen corn kernels and baby peas from the freezer. (You can run these under cold water for a second to defrost or just do so in frypan)
If you have it, I throw in some dehydrated Chinese mushrooms that I've reconstituted, a tin of bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, champignons, baby corn - you name it. As I have already implied, this was a mean, lean, cupboard is bare fried rice.

Heat a little oil in a wok
Lightly beat eggs, pour into wok and swirl around so it forms a thin pancake. Fold over on itself and remove, slice into strips
Stir fry onion and carrot in a little oil
Add garlic and onion
Add peas and corn
Add rice
Add egg back into the mix and some soy to taste. Grown-ups and big kids might like some sweet chilli over it.

(I also added some chopped up honey soy chicken and left over sauce from this as well.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home