Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Catch-up Day 78: Mint yoghurt dressing

I'm not a big fan of cooking fish, even though it is quick, easy and highly nutritious, and the kids love it. Having just written that I realise just how stupid it sounds that we don't eat fish at least three times a week. I guess it's having to buy it fresh all the time and adding that step to the process - as opposed to just staring into the pantry - puts it in the too hard basket. Slack I know.

Anyway, when I do cook a lovely bream, snapper or flathead fillet, the following is a lovely accompaniment. It is also great with some grilled chicken or even just brown rice if you're having one of those nights.

1 cup yoghurt
2 tblsp lime juice
2 tsp fish sauce
4 tblsp finely chopped fresh mint.

That's it.
You can also season it with salt and pepper if you wish. Go on, knock yourself out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Yum! This over brown rice sounds delicious... that's dinner sorted for tonight.

9:38 am  
Blogger KPB said...

I hope it worked for you and hit the spot!

9:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home