Thursday, February 16, 2006

Day 17 - Lemony chicken with white beans


After a day of many tears, a lot of stress and many tears once more over myriad things, I made this. It is a Jill Dupleix recipe from the SMH's Good Living and has her name all over it. Her style of recipes are always fresh clean flavours, ease of preparation and maximum taste. This lived up to every other recipe of hers I've ever cooked.

It was d.i.v.i.n.e. and really quite restorative.

2 chicken breasts fillets, halved horizontally
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tblsp rosemary leaves
3 tblsp olive oil
sea salt and pepper
150ml white wine
400g tinned white beans, drained
2 tblsp mint leaves, finely sliced or torn
2 tblsp lemon juice

Combine the chicken with the garlic, oil and seasonings. Marinate for 15-30 minutes (I didn't have time for this and it was still very tasty indeed).

Drain the marinade into a frypan and, when hot, sear the chicken on both sides.
Add the white wine and bubble for 30 seconds.
Then add the white beans, mint, and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add a little water if necessary (I tasted it and added some more lemon juice as I'd just guessed the original quantity).

I served it with carrots, which I cooked for a minute, then added broccoli into the same water and cooked for a further minute, then asparagus added for a final minute. They were a perfect accompaniment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bec said...

i saw that one too! must try it with the new mint... and before all my previously luscious transplanted rosemary dies!

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home